Thursday, November 17, 2022

Self-Care




 This meme is a good reminder, don't waste time on abusers or others who are focused on misunderstanding you. There's a lot of system lovers who get angry at me, but why waste time on people like that? People don't like those who question the status quo. That is nothing new to me. They can have it ignoring things as they fall apart. They are fully integrated into a toxic system and have adopted a lot of the negative viewpoints where everything is about "winning", "competition" and where all empathy has been destroyed.  When many of us ACONs went no contact we realized we were fighting losing battle. We were arguing with people committed to misunderstanding and often hurting us.

Sadly, television and too much media, put forth this illusion that people if you commmunicate "hard" enough, will suddenly see the light and wake up. That is not usually how things work out. Many even in this Covid mess, decided the way of peace was stating their stance, and then letting it go because constant arguments weren't going to go anywhere even as you watched the proceedings in horror. Yeah, I know that one is not easy. Some people don't communicate to understand, many do and that's where conversations can blossom into connection, but many communicate to seek to dominate or manipulate.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I found your blog, about 2 years ago. I have a lot going on...but it was your blog that initially helped me realize what my family dynamic was, along with my aspie-ness, and your writings prompted me to question everything about the Covid jab, when I almost took it. I also agree with you, here. I just wanted you to know that you helped me realize I wasn't alone in all this stuff. So please keep writing. It makes me feel less alone in feeling the same way.
    - Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thanks for writing, I appreciate it. I am glad my blog was able to help you to deal with your family dynamic, and being Aspie. Glad I got you to think about the Covid jab as well. People needed to at least have "informed consent" which was denied most people. Yeah some of us can really feel alone in a lot of this stuff. Thanks for your nice post.

      Delete