Sunday, July 16, 2023

What Scapegoats Need to Know About Chronic Illness

What Scapegoats Need to Know About Chronic Illness

This is a good video by Rebecca Mandeville, it talks about how chronic illness, and autoimmune disorders often come to those who have faced abuse and scapegoating. When the body is in fight or flight mode 24/7 surrounded by abusers, it takes a huge toll on our health. I can't embed videos lately, the search for Youtube and embed codes don't work. if anyone has advice on that I welcome it.

Here's an old article I wrote about being chronically ill around narcissistic abusers.

"You're Not Really Sick!": Dealing with Illness and Narcissists. 


2 comments:

  1. I started watching the
    videos because you posted about her. I can only watch about 3 minutes @ a time because it is so emotionally devastating . Am old enough to be a grandmother but I am still perplexed about my mother and her complete control of the family, my siblings and extended relatives. She is a malignant narcissist and is possibly schizophrenic- I still wonder how could they do that, all those horrible/criminal things to me? Their daughter, sister, cousin?
    Guess part of me always asks why?
    Am really glad I am NC for a long time.
    I like Patrick Trehan or Trehern -his short videos are good - can’t watch the longer ones. Kicks up
    A lot of stuff. Thanks for everything you do Peep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I even have to take these videos in small bits. She is one of the first to really deal with those who lose the entire family. Sometimes I have my own shock, and dismay. Why didn't I get one ally? How did she turned them all against me so badly? That's scary they follow a schizophrenic, but maybe the narc stuff override the effects of that. Mine I'll never understand. They all are such cold people. Yeah maybe for rest of our lives we will ask why? Glad you have NC for a long time. I'll check out Patrick Trehern. Oh I appreciate your support! :)

    ReplyDelete