Saturday, June 13, 2015

Crushing Weight: Jacob's Story



Was Jacob tested for Prader-Willi or a Lymphatic condition? How about Momo Syndrome? His head is extremely extremely large. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOMO_syndrome

I am glad he could get 200 off, but I hope that will last. It worries me they seem to ignore finding the root cause and always take someone running to WLS. He obviously has serious metabolic issues. My worry is that his metabolism will drop. I hope he can maintain in the 500s, but that is a hard place to be. This distresses me when you see someone that has some type of obvious rare illness bringing severe obesity and the answer is WLS.They need to explore the root cause and while he should do what he can in healthy eating and exercise, he has something beyond what a "healthy lifestyle" is going to fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment